Clinic Safety in the Time of COVID-19
Your safety is our priority! Here’s what to expect.
Before Your Appointment
• If you are sick or have been sick in the past 24 hours, please cancel your appointment. We do not charge a cancellation fee if you are suddenly feeling sick and let us know in advance of your appointment time. (Read our cancellation policies.)
• Please bring your own sheet and/or blankets if that is your preference. Each chair is covered with a plastic cover which is sanitized before and after each treatment. We will give you a new paper sheet to place over the plastic cover before your treatment, and will throw it away immediately after your treatment. If you would prefer a fabric sheet over the chair instead of a paper sheet, or if you would like to have blankets covering you during your treatment, we can sell you our (gently used and washed) blankets and fabric sheets for $5 each, or you may bring your own.
At Your Appointment
• Please wear a mask when you arrive and throughout your appointment. You may wear any mask of your choosing provided it (1) always covers both your nose and mouth and (2) does not have a vent. You will not be able to receive a treatment without a mask that meets these requirements. You will be charged the missed appointment fee if we are unable to treat you because you do not comply with these requirements.
• If you are 5 or more minutes early or late, please call us to see if we have room to fit you in before you enter the building. We need to minimize the number of people in the clinic at the same time.
• Hand sanitize upon entry to the clinic and before entering the treatment room. Don’t worry, we have plenty of hand sanitizer available for you to use!
• You will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms by the receptionist when you enter the reception area.
• If you would like to purchase a blanket or fabric sheet, please let the receptionist know before entering the treatment room.
• If you have a driver, caregiver, or family member accompanying you who is not receiving a treatment, they (1) must wear a mask at all times and hand sanitize when entering the clinic and (2) will not be allowed to wait in the reception area during your treatment (they can wait in their car or outside).
After Your Appointment
• Please hand sanitize before leaving the treatment room. There is hand sanitizer right next to the treatment room door. You may open the door with a tissue to increase your safety. Please be sure to close the door quietly!
• If you show any symptoms of being sick within 3 days of your acupuncture treatment, please let us know immediately. Don’t worry, we are required to keep this information confidential. This is vital information for contact tracing and to ensure the safety of our staff and all of our patients.
Our Safety Measures
• As always, your safety and the safety of our staff is our utmost priority! We have thoroughly read all CDC guidelines as well as the recommendations of the American Society of Acupuncturists and our Governor’s orders and will continue to keep up-to-date on these matters.
• Our acupuncturists and receptionists wear masks in the clinic and office.
• There are seven chairs for patients in our spacious community treatment room, which are spaced well over 6 feet apart from each other.
• Treatment times are limited to one hour.
• We thoroughly clean and disinfect the office and treatment room (including the recliners, rolling stools, needle stations, and high-touch surfaces) at the beginning of each shift.
• We sanitize each recliner, rolling stool, and needle station immediately after each treatment.
• We disinfect all high-touch surfaces in the clinic hourly.
• We thoroughly clean and disinfect the office and treatment room (including the recliners, rolling stools, needle stations, and high-touch surfaces) at the end of each shift.
• We have installed hospital-grade HEPA filters in our HVAC system. In addition, we have installed 3 medical-grade H13 HEPA air purifiers to completely filter the treatment room air every 10 minutes = 6 air exchanges per hour.
• We keep the windows open for ventilation. Our windows are double-hung, so we are able to open them from the top to allow air flow on cold days while still keeping the clinic warm.
• Our acupuncturists and receptionists will not come to work if they suspect that they may be sick or have any symptoms of illness. Please understand that this may require us to cancel/reschedule appointments. It is in the interest of everyone’s safety that we self-quarantine if we are experiencing any possible symptoms.
• As always, our acupuncturists will follow CDC and Clean Needle Technique guidelines for hand washing, which of course includes hand sanitizing upon clinic arrival, before and after needle insertion and removal, and before leaving the clinic.
Many Rivers Community Acupuncture, LLC
PO Box 533
3 Barnard Lane, Suite 205
Bloomfield, CT 06002