Clinic Safety in the Time of COVID-19
Your safety is our priority! Here’s what to expect.
Before Your Appointment
• Please provide a credit/debit/FSA/HSA card number when you book your appointment. Your card will be stored securely in your file, and will be charged when you arrive for your appointment. This will eliminate our staff touching cash and checks, and eliminate your need to touch pens, paper, and envelopes.
• You must complete a health survey before every appointment in order to be allowed to enter the treatment room. You will receive an email with a link to the survey 12 hours before your treatment.
• If you are sick, please cancel your appointment. If it is less than 24 hours before your appointment, please call us at (860) 683-0011 to cancel. If it is more than 24 hours before your appointment, please cancel using the online schedule. We do not (and have never charged) a cancellation fee if you are feeling sick and let us know in advance of your appointment time.
• Please bring your own blanket and/or sheet if that is your preference. Otherwise, we can sell you one of our (gently used and washed) blankets or fabric sheets for $5 each. We apologize that, due to cleaning costs, we no longer will have blankets and fabric sheets available to use for free. Instead, each chair is covered with a plastic cover. We will place a new paper sheet over the plastic cover before your treatment and throw it away immediately after your treatment.
At Your Appointment
• Please wear a mask when you arrive and throughout your appointment. You may wear any mask of your choosing provided it (1) always covers both your nose and mouth and (2) does not have a vent. You will not be able to receive a treatment without a mask that meets these requirements. You will be charged the no-show fee if we are unable to treat you because you do not comply with these requirements.
• If you are more than 5 minutes early or late, please call us to see if we have room to fit you in before you enter the building. We need to minimize the number of people in the clinic at the same time.
• Hand sanitize upon entry to the clinic and before entering the treatment room. Don’t worry, we have plenty of hand sanitizer available for you to use!
• Your temperature will be taken when you enter the reception area, and our receptionist will make sure that you have answered the health survey questions.
• If you would like to purchase a blanket or fabric sheet, please let the receptionist know before entering the treatment room.
• If you have a driver, caregiver, or family member accompanying you who is not receiving a treatment, they (1) must wear a mask at all times and hand sanitize when entering the clinic and (2) will not be allowed to wait in the reception area during your treatment (they can wait in their car or outside).
After Your Appointment
• Please hand sanitize before leaving the treatment room. There is hand sanitizer right next to the treatment room door. You may open the door with a tissue to increase your safety. Please be sure to close the door quietly!
• If you would like to schedule follow-up appointments and prefer to do it in person instead of online, please let our receptionist know and she will call you to schedule them. (We need to minimize the number of people in the reception area at the same time.)
• If you show any symptoms of being sick within 3 days of your acupuncture treatment, please let us know immediately. Don’t worry, we are required to keep this information confidential. This is vital information for contact tracing and to ensure the safety of our staff and all of our patients.
Our Safety Measures
• As always, your safety and the safety of our staff is our utmost priority! We have thoroughly read all CDC guidelines as well as the recommendations of the American Society of Acupuncturists and our Governor’s orders and will continue to keep up-to-date on these matters.
• Our acupuncturists and receptionists will wear a mask in the clinic.
• Chairs are spaced well over 6 feet apart.
• Treatment times will be limited to one hour.
• We will sanitize your chair, our rolling stool and needle station immediately after each treatment.
• We will disinfect all high-touch surfaces in the clinic hourly.
• We have installed hospital-grade HEPA filters in our HVAC system, and continuously run HEPA air purifiers in the reception area and clinic.
• We open the clinic windows before and after each shift, and keep them open during every shift that the weather will allow.
• Our acupuncturists and receptionists will not come to work if they suspect that they may be sick or have any symptoms of illness. Please understand that this may require us to cancel/reschedule appointments. It is in the interest of everyone’s safety that we self-quarantine if we are experiencing any possible symptoms.
• As always, we will thoroughly clean and disinfect the office and treatment room at the beginning and end of each shift.
• As always, our acupuncturists will follow CDC and Clean Needle Technique guidelines for hand washing, which of course includes hand sanitizing before and after needle insertion and removal.
Many Rivers Community Acupuncture, LLC
PO Box 533
3 Barnard Lane, Suite 205
Bloomfield, CT 06002